Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Florida & a New Companion, Elder Leite

This is Ben's letter from June 22, 2015
Hola Familia,

So good to hear from you. I am doing well. It´s been a little cold. (I bought some socks and some long underwear and a sweater to wear under my coat)

I am enjoying Florida and my companion Élder Leite. He´s from Brazil, is 20 yrs. old, has been in the mission for 15 months and was trained by my second trainer Elder Ve'e.

The Zone is rather small church attendance-wise. There are 6 branches and 14 missionaries. The largest challenge is that as a district we are very low on excitement to participate in the local missionary work. They´ve worked very hard in the past to become a stake and have been extremely close to achieving that goal, but never quite made it. The good thing is that there are a few very, very firm members (that go to all 3 all three hours, complete with their callings, hold valid temple recommends, and pay their tithing) that keep the branches running.

One amazing family is the Blanco Family. They have been members for a long time and are awesome. The father is the branch president, the mother is in the relief society (I don´t remember how to spell anything anymore), the children are all return missionaries; one is the elders quorum president, the other is the Branch mission leader, and the daughter (RM also) is the Young women’s president.

They along with a few other families are very actively involved in the church and want to do their best.

I´ll tell you more about the branch next week. It´s a lot bigger than La Paloma but it is still pretty tiny. This Sunday there were 58 of us.

I´m doing well, I hope everyone back home is happy and enjoying the summer.


Élder Benjamin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment