Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Transfers--Zone Leader in Maroñas

12/30/14-Enjoy Ben's letter from today!

Hola Familia,

How are all of you? It was so wonderful to be able to talk to you on Skype on Christmas. I hope everything is going well back home. Christmas here was wonderful in it's own special way. We had an "Asado" with  our friends, the Familia Torrez, then made our way over to the Rocha Elders house to watch the fireworks. It wasn't as big as in Montevideo as last year. 

Well... tomorrow are the transfers. I got the news yesterday that I am leaving La Paloma, and returning to Maroñas (the zone where I started the mission) in the area called Belloni (Bay-shone-ee). I will be there as Zone Leader, and my companion will be Élder Gutiérrez. He was the Zone Leader here in Rocha when I first arrived here. My companion is going to be staying here in La Paloma with Elder Galeano (Ex financier, his first change out of the offices) my ex companion in the offices. This is going to be an awesome change, I'm very excited to get to know my new companion, learn how to be Zone Leader, and get to know my new ward. I've heard it's one of the strongest functioning wards the whole mission.

I'm going to miss La Paloma a lot! 
I am really going to miss the weird fairy tale houses here



It was such a special experience to be a missionary here in this branch. The people are so special. 
Yanina and Gladys with their copies of the Book of Mormon in my last Lesson with them

When you are one of so few people going to church, it becomes a very intimate experience, as if everyone were your family. 
Me and Hermana Alidema an amazing sister from this branch who always  helped us out with references, food, and just plain loving us.

I can honestly say I've never felt so close  to another ward or branch in my life (other than Plainfield Ward, of course). 
Me with Yanina and Gladys

Well I've got a day full of packing ahead of me, so Goodbye!!

Love you guys so much!!

Chao!

Élder Benjamin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment