Sunday, June 14, 2015

New Companion-Elder Torres from Peru

Letter from Ben on May 5, 2015

Hola Familia,

How are you all? Good I hope. It is great to hear from you.

This week was awesome! We have changes tomorrow. My companion is Valiente and is going home this Thursday. It's been crazy to think about. I've never been with a valiente before. I'm inheriting a lot of clothes and stuff he doesn't want to take home. Today we got to go to the temple with Élder Hobb's converts to see them receive their endowment and then be sealed. It was a beautiful experience!

The work is going well here in Belloni. We have started to find some people that really look like they could progress. I am going to be staying here another change with Élder Torres. He is from Perú and has been in the offices as Executive Secretary and is just now leaving.

This next week is going to be a little complicated for church because the individual departments (basically the same thing as a state) is going to be having elections for their respective governors. So the government is using all of the church buildings in the stake except for 2 smaller chapels that are really far away and in the middle of nowhere). So we're going to see what we can do to get people to church this week.....

That's really cool that dad is getting to work with that person from Brazil. (John has a Speaking Partner assigned to him for the Pathways program. They Skype once a week for 30 minutes to work on speaking English). I'm sure that will help him a lot not only to improve his English but by improving his English it can significantly improve his prospects of getting higher paying jobs. I love being with Latin-American companions and helping them learn English. My Spanish also improves a lot when I'm with them. Así que, ¡Aprovéchate Papá!

Also really cool to hear that update on the temple. I'm super excited to go to the temple in Indiana. So cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Well this cyber café is really ,really slow and I've had to start over like 3 times. Take care!

Love you all lots. Take care!

Élder Benjamin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment