Sunday, June 14, 2015

Exciting Week & Disappointing Week All At Once

Letter from Ben on April 13, 2015

Hola Familia,

How are all of you doing? Good, I hope. I am doing much better; I'm being diligent with my inhaler and am taking allergy medicine to keep from getting anything again.

It's good to hear everything is going well. So the secretaries are ordering my tickets now . That means that I only have THIS MUCH TIME left. ¡So that's crazy!

This week was amazing in a few ways and a real downer in other ways.

My companion and I had many amazing charlas and met quite a few amazing people. We felt more and more the company of the Spirit, but when Sunday arrived almost everyone fell through and either couldn't or didn't want to go to church. Investigators, Less Actives, and Recent Converts alike. 

We didn´t have any of the 5 investigators we had planned on, only 2 of the 12 less actives that had promised to come came, and only 4 of 9 recent converts were able to make it (as opposed to the normal 6 or 7).

I was thinking a lot about our work and I was thinking of what more my companion and I could have done. Sometimes it rains, hails, is hot, is cold: but the thing that frustrates me more than anything is when people aren't completely honest with us and they tell us "Si, si, si." but when it comes down to it they really meant "No, no, no."  I understand that it can be for various reasons, maybe a doubt that they might have, or fear to offend us, or even just straight up laziness. I just wish I was better at discerning that, and also helping them with that.

Regardless, I'm doing well. I hope everyone is taking care and is participating actively in the ward's missionary work. De no ser así, no hay porque tener misioneros en nuestro barrio. (Otherwise , there is no reason to have missionaries in our neighborhood.)

Love you all alot,

Take care,

Élder Benjamin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment