Sunday, August 31, 2014

Fasting from English


This is the letter we got from Ben on August 16, 2014. It was in Spanish and I took it to google translate in order to post it. I will also include the version in Spanish at the bottom of the post.

Hello Family
This week I am fasting from English . I'll try to write in Spanish because it will be good practice for me. I will surely be grammatically wrong but I hope everyone can understand me .

On Wednesday, I started my English fast. It has been a difficult environment and a real hassle at times. I thank you for your package and also pictures of the scripture covers you have made for me. I feel very loved and very happy to have such a loving family. I hope everyone will improve in health. (we were all suffering from seasonal allergies when we wrote) How strange is the new climate . Here we are in the winter and it's not even cold and there with the very low temperature in the summer, which is odd.

Here, I am working with Elder Galeano to fix some problems we were having with the IMOS system ( the system we use to manage all administrative things). We also continue the mission of teaching Humberto Belka. Our greatest challenge with most of our investigators is to encourage them to go to the Chapel on Sunday. We want to help our investigators to be responsible for their own will (choices).

In the Mission we have introduced something called " Getting to Be a Missionary of Preach My Gospel. " This is a program that is based on personal research activities in Preach My Gospel. We have to do each activity and then take our study journal to President Cook so he can see that we did everything and then he will sign a paper saying we are a Missionary of Preach My Gospel. I'm working on it in my personal studies and am learning a lot. I invite all who can make these practices part of their studies now, because they are the preparation that I was missing before coming to the Mission. There are 110 activities in total (JT should do these) . I will send the list that we use here in the Mission ( in Spanish ). They have strengthened my testimony so much. The list that Ben referred to is an Excel spreadsheet. If anyone wants it, please let me know-email me at johnbtaylor@prodigy.net and I will send the file to you. It will not be in English, but that might be part of the fun.

I love you,

Elder Benjamin Taylor

Hola Familia,
Esta semana estoy ayunando de Inglés. Yo voy a intentar escribirles en español porque será una buena practica para mi. Seguramente voy a equivocarme gramaticalmente pero espero que todos me puedan entender. 
Este miércoles empecé mi ayuno de Inglés. Ha sido medio difícil y la verdad una molestia a veces. Les agradezco para su paquete y también para las tapas de escrituras que uds me hicieron. Me siento muy amado y muy contento por tener una familia tan amorosa. Espero que todos se mejoren de la salud. Que raro es la clima recién. Acá estamos en el invierno y ni siquiera hace frío y allá con la temperatura tan bajo en el verano, que raro.
Acá estoy trabajando con Élder Galeano en arreglar algunos problemas que estábamos teniendo con la sistema IMOS (la sistema que usamos para manejar todas las cosas administrativas de la misión. Seguimos enseñando a Belka y Humberto; nuestro desafío mayor con la mayoría de nuestros investigadores es animarles ir a la capilla el Domingo. Queremos ayudarles ser agentes responsables por su propio albedrío.
En la Misión hemos introducido algo que se llama "Como Llegar a Ser un Misionero de Predicad Mi Evangelio." Esto es una programa que se basa en las actividades de Estudio personal en Predicad Mi Evangelio. Tenemos que hacer cada actividad y después llevar nuestro diario de estudio a Presidente Cook para que el pueda ver que hicimos todo y después el va a firmar un papel diciendo que somos un Misionero de Predicad Mi Evangelio. Yo estoy trabajando en eso en mis estudios personales y estoy aprendiendo a ful. Les invito a todos que puedan hacer esas practicas porque son la preparación que a mi me faltaba antes de venir a la Misión. Son 110 actividades en total (JT debe hacerlos). Les enviaré la lista que usamos acá en la Misión (en español). Han fortalecido mi testimonio muchísimo
Les amo,
Élder Benjamin Taylor


No comments:

Post a Comment