Sunday, May 31, 2015

Don't Freak Out-never the way a letter should start!

This is the letter from Ben on March 24, 2015
Hola Familia,

Lots of changes over in the Plainfield Ward. Congrats to Ashley Gootee for her mission call. Everything here is doing great. We're enjoying wonderful chilly weather here.

Now, don´t freak out, but I got a little sick about a week and a half ago and it spread to my lungs (sort of like what happened about 6 months ago). I went to the doctor yesterday and they did some breathing tests and an ultra sound thing and they told me that I have Pneumonia and Asthma (which makes me more susceptible in the future according to them). Thankfully they caught the pneumonia pretty early on, so they gave me a treatment with some medicated oxygen mask and some medicine. It should be better in a few days. I feel way better today, but regardless I'm only leaving the house to write you guys and to cut my hair. They got me an inhaler for the future.
I'm way better so don't worry please. The medicine is working really well.

So the changes are...
I am staying and my old companion Elder Gutiérrez is the new Assistant to the President. My new companion is Elder Hobbs. He was my zone leader back in Rocha. He is coming here and he will be finishing his mission here in Maroñas because this is his last transfer cycle. There are quite a few missionaries going this change. We will have 3 new district leaders and 1 new district leader in the zone. I am the only one who is familiar with the plans and issues of the zone so we're going to have to do a lot of training with new leaders. I'm really excited about this new transfer cycle, It's going to be great!

I love you all lots. That's a sweet bike dad. Congrats, You completely deserve it. Drive safe please! (John got a new Harley-Davidson motorcycle)

Sorry I didn't write more but I just want to go back home to lay down. Love you lots!!!

Élder Benjamin Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment