Friday, October 3, 2014

Ben is better & Elder Galeano's Birthday

Here is Ben's letter from 9/20/14:

Thank you so much for your prayers on behalf of me. My cough is almost completely gone along with the gunk in my lungs. 


The medicine is working great (I finish taking it tonight) along with the priesthood blessing and the many prayers.




This week was just as busy as the last one, but a little easier because I could actually help with a lot. We had a conference every day except Monday. Elder Eraso (one of the elders in my house) was in the hospital for a minor surgery a few days this week. Between my companion and I, we traded off staying with him and leaving with his companion so he could bathe and eat. Now he's out of the hospital but can't climb the 3 flights of stairs to get into our apartment, so he's staying at the Burnett's home (Hermana Burnett Mission Nurse/part time financier and Elder Burnett the mission maintenance/go to guy for anything). 
Picture from P-Day--Ben is sitting on the M


They are some of the most humble, caring, and service oriented members that I've ever met. They have helped us so much and have been like adoptive Grandparents while I've been here.



So today is my companion's birthday and he is 19 years old now. He's a great companion and now one of my best friends. We work very well together and are always laughing. Today I made him Empenadas for lunch, and tonight I'm going to bake him a derby pie that I started this afternoon. The Burnett's gifted me Chocolate Chips which are impossible to find down here. 

I'm super happy to hear that the family is good, and a little sad to hear the the explorer is having a hard time. The 1996 Ford Explorer Ben got to drive during his senior year has stopped working. We had to tow it home and it is sitting at the side of the house waiting for our decision to fix it or replace it. But it´s awesome to hear about your classes. Study hard and be sure to participate. I had a class like that one year where we had to participate on a discussion board and I really didn´t like it at all. John and I are participating in the Pathway program which is done through BYU-Idaho. We were sharing with him how hard it is to participate in the Discussion Boards, which are a big part of online classes. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures, It's been a long time since I've sent any, so I figured I'd make up for that a little bit.

I love you all So Much!
Till next week,


View from the Jewish Holocaust Memorial
Ben and Elder Galeano at the park

Elder Galeano

Ben tells us the symbol he is making with his hand means to smile from ear to ear

More pictures from the park

Another view of the park
This is from the Jewish Holocaust Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment